Friday, July 04, 2008

So I'm back

itunes: Pizzicato Five, Big Hits & Jetlags: 1991-1995 (1995)

Well, it has been more than 2 months since I last blog. Time really flies like an arrow and within a second of eyeblink, it's already July. Half of the 2008 has come and gone without realising it.

It has been a good 2 months. The biggest happening is that I have finally realised the long time Lat 65° N Dream, a full 2 weeks of pollution-free nature on Iceland in mid May. Since my last blog in Apr, I have been spending most of the time at work, targetting to complete the annual audit, clearing the urgent outstanding matters and handing some routine duties to the co-workers. It's really a mad rush. I worked all the way up to the final minute at 7pm, rushed home, had dinner and showered, final check on the luggage before rushing off to the airport to catch the 11pm flight to London. My boss even sms-ed ms regarding work on my way to airport. It was not until when the plane took off, my mood was finally tuned to a vacation mode when I saw on the screen at the back of the seat in front of me that I'm really out of Singapore, heading towards London for the next 13 hours. Yup, that marked the beginning of the trip of my lifetime.

It was another mad rush when I returned to work late May. From the stacks of documents sitting on my table pending for my approval, there are plenty of emails to reply; and countless meetings to attend. And the torturing jet lag that didnt go away only after 2 weeks. I kept dozing off at work especially in the afternoon, no matter how early I turned in the night before. The post holiday blues stepped in too, it seems my life is spinning aimlessly and I missed Iceland terribly. I have met people who first visited Iceland, fell in love with that piece of land, and decided to stay on for good. I kept asking myself, why cant I do the same too?

Well well well dramas aside, things are much settled now and I'm back to the routines. I have started working on the new travel blog on Iceland, selecting photos out of the 3000 that I have taken during the trip and documenting the events before my poor memories faded away hehe :OP Guess it will take quite some time to complete. Till then, stay tuned for the beautiful Icelandic landscapes.

Just add a couple of cools tracks on the player that sink into my brain recently. Check em out. I'm back and will return real soon.....(as if anyone cares at all.......haha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home