Friday, February 29, 2008

No Music No Life 02/2008

itunes: Goldfrapp, Seventh Tree (2008)

When it comes to music, this year is going to be the Divas' year, Janet (Feb), Mariah (Apr), Madonna (Apr) and now Whitney Houston!! (end of the year). Hurray...

The list of CDs that I have bought in the first month of 2008:


Erykah Badu, New Amerykah Part One (2008)
The album in 4 years. This time she is back with new sound, her most hip hop album to date, heavy in beats, kind of futuristic and experimental. It came as a surprise to me particularly when I get so used to her groovy neo-soul genre in the last 3 albums. Frankly speaking, it's really hard to accept at the first hearing, but even now I may not really enjoy as much as I enjoyed her previous ones, I'm still glad to see the Erykah's new re-invention.


Goldfrapp, Black Cherry (2003)
I found out this duo debut album Felt Mountain by accident and even now it remains one of my beloved album. I went on to get their third album Supernature becos of the mesmerising dance single Ooh La La. With the new album Seventh Tree coming, I was thinking I should buy this album to complete their discography. True enough, they never fail to disappoint, the music direction of this album is a dramatically change from Felt Mountain, turning towards a lush electronic sound from the previous romantic, errie and groomy album.


Goldfrapp, Seventh Tree (2008)
New sound direction for Goldfrapp in 2008, after the 2 dancing Black Cherry and Supernature, they slow down the tempo and throw in the acoustic guitars, displaying a more warmer and personal sounding, without reducing to mere Unplugged album. I would say this is the most down-to-earth and beautiful Goldfrapp album to date. Really satisfying and pleasing to my ears.


Original Soundtrack, Juno (2008)
I love this sweet and smart indie comedy and this indie folksy soundtrack best fits and is a perfect background for this film. If you love this movie, I'm sure you love this soundtrack too. Absolutely refreshing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home