Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No Music No Life 10/2007

itunes: 蔡健雅, Goodbye & Hello (2007)

What a fruitful month!! The list of CDs that I have bought this month:


Jamie Scott & The Town, Park Bench Theories (2007)
To me, this is one of the most exciting debut album this year. The same goes to Lily Ellen's Alright Still in 2006. In between James Morrison and James Blunt, Jamie Scott's voice is squeaky beautifully clean and his music is acoustically soothing. If you are starting to get sick of James Morrison and James Blunt's stuff, Jamie Scott is definitely a good fit to comfort you for a longer while.


Gwen Stefani, Love Angel Music Baby (2005)
How can Gwen not part of my great CD collections? I waited long enough and to hunt this version down at a good price eventually. Good things definitely come by, it's just one has the patience to wait.


Zero 7, When It Falls (2004)
The warmth in their debut electronic album Simple Things in 2003 is so enchanting that I have spent weeks just listening to it. It took me 3 years to get this CD and I bypassed this and got their third album. It's the digipak packaging that I'm going for. It's rare in the market here as well as in ebay. Like I say earlier, good things worth the wait. The warmth continues to the second and third.....really love this duo.


Shine, Joni Mitchell (2007)
Finally she is back after her retirement 6 years ago. Still sitting on my desk, sealed. It takes time and patience to appreciate her album, just admiring a piece of painting. I wonder how she will sound this time as compared to the previous one that she left her fans with at the turn of the century. I just need to good quiet time to sit down and listen.


Madonna, Bedtime Stories (1994)
This is definitely one of my most-wanted Madonna memorabilia. I spent US$150.00 just to get this from the fierce bidding session on ebay. I love this album very much so I must have this rare promo, light blue velvet cover version. In those days, Madonna's music is already a beacon to what genre is going to be popular. Bedtime Stories comprises of R&B and her first experiment of electronica with Bjork. True enough, R&B and electronica are in fashion even now since the last second half of the last century. Bedtime Stories was deemed by the critics as "too ahead of time" and "experimental" then. That's Queen of Pop!


Mihimaru GT, The Best of (2007)


松田聖子, Baby'S Breath (2007)
These two Japanese albums was bought a few months ago, it was rather disappointing after listening to them. So I just casted them aside, thinking to sell it over the net to get some cash back. I picked them up and listen once again these 2 weeks and in fact they sounded not so bad after all. Now they are going to be part of my CD collections.


陳綺貞, Sentimental Kills (2003)


陳綺貞, 旅行的意義 (2004)


陳綺貞, After 17 (2004)


陳綺貞, Pussy (2007)
Taiwanese singer/songwriter Cheer Chen (陳綺貞) amazed me so much in her recent concert in town that I love her even more now. So I have decided to collect all her 4 singles releases ever since she has gone indie. Thanks to Eddy who carried them all the way from Hong Kong. Appreciate for bringing the Cheer's magic to me. I will just keep them in the original sealed condition.


蔡健雅, Goodbye & Hello (2007)
Another artist have gone indie. This is Singaporean singer/songwriter Tanya's first album under her own label. I have been her fan since her English debut in 1998. She has since moved on to make it big in Taiwan with Mandarin releases. I have been listening to it since it was released 2 weeks ago, really great awesome songs. Find out more about her: http://www.myspace.com/tanyachuamusic


881 Volume 2, Original Motion Soundtrack (2007)
The followed up album on the first release in August. Check out my blog on the movie and soundtrack in August 07. I just love this movie and soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home