Saturday, October 27, 2007

Billboard Top 100 Songs By Female Solo Artists (1955-2007)

itunes: 蔡健雅, Goodbye & Hello (2007)

Below is the fourth edition of Billboard's Hottest Hot 100 Hits by Fred Bronson includes a list of the Top 100 Songs By Female Solo Artists (1955-2007). The list was compiled according to a point-based system that measures chart success.

Mariah Carey tops Billboard's Biggest Female Songs List and has the most entries on the list (eleven) and bookends it with "We Belong Together" at #1 and "Without You / Never Forget You" at #100. Hurray!!!

Toni Braxton has 4 songs, 2 from her "Secrets" album, my all time favourite.
Janet Jackson and Madonna has 5 songs each. It's a pity that Madonna's "This Used To Be My Playground" is not in this chart, really love this song.

Those in bold red are my longtime favourites:

1. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey
2. Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton
3. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
4. How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes
5. You're Still The One - Shania Twain
6. Foolish - Ashanti
7. Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
8. Fallin' - Alicia Keys
9. You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone
10. You Were Meant For Me/Foolish Games - Jewel
11. Breathe - Faith Hill
12. Physical - Olivia Newton-John
13. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
14. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
15. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
16. The First Night - Monica
17. Fantasy - Mariah Carey
18. Dreamlover - Mariah Carey
19. That's The Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson
20. All For You - Janet Jackson
21. Take A Bow - Madonna
22. I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis
23. You're Makin' Me High/Let It Flow - Toni Braxton
24. Believe - Cher
25. Always Be My Baby - Mariah Carey
26. Exhale (Shoop Shoop) - Whitney Houston
27. Music - Madonna
28. The Wayward Wind - Gogi Grant
29. Irreplaceable - Beyonce
30. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here - Deborah Cox
31. Flashdance ... What A Feeling - Irene Cara
32. The Power Of Love - Celine Dion
33. Work It - Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott
34. Hero - Mariah Carey
35. It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Celine Dion
36. Genie In A Bottle - Christina Aguilera
37. Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
38. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
39. Together Again - Janet Jackson
40. Tammy - Debbie Reynolds
41. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
42. Again - Janet Jackson
43. If You Had My Love - Jennifer Lopez
44. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
45. Angel Of Mine - Monica
46. ... Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
47. Woman In Love - Barbra Streisand
48. Upside Down - Diana Ross
49. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
50. Try Again - Aaliyah
51. All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
52. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler
53. Bad Girls - Donna Summer
54. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days) - Monica
55. London Bridge - Fergie
56. Like A Virgin - Madonna
57. To Sir With Love - LuLu
58. It's Too Late/I Feel The Earth Move - Carole King
59. Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
60. You're So Vain - Carly Simon
61. Doesn't Really Matter - Janet Jackson
62. Brand New Key - Melanie
63. Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
64. Rock And Roll Waltz - Kay Starr
65. Killing Me Softly With His Song - Roberta Flack
66. Shake It Off - Mariah Carey
67. I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee
68. Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbie Gentry
69. Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
70. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
71. What A Girl Wants - Christina Aguilera
72. Magic - Olivia Newton-John
73. The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand
74. Macarthur Park - Donna Summer
75. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
76. What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
77. Case Of The Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do) - Mya
78. Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) - Blu Cantrell
79. Dominique - The Singing Nun
80. Breathe Again - Toni Braxton
81. Love Theme From "A Star Is Born" (Evergreen) - Barbra Streisand
82. My Heart Has A Mind Of It's Own - Connie Francis
83. I'll Remember - Madonna
84. He Wasn't Man Enough - Toni Braxton
85. 9 To 5 - Dolly Parton
86. Everybody's Somebody's Fool - Connie Francis
87. I'll Be There - Mariah Carey
88. Have You Ever? - Brandy
89. Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) - Christina Aguilera
90. I'm A Bitch - Meredith Brooks
91. Love Takes Time - Mariah Carey
92. Vision Of Love - Mariah Carey
93. Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) - Connie Francis
94. Sittin' Up In My Room - Brandy
95. My All - Mariah Carey
96. If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys
97. Vogue - Madonna
98. Pon De Replay - Rihanna
99. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams
100. Without You/Never Forget You - Mariah Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home