Thursday, September 06, 2007

Heavenly Wife Cakes

itunes: Alana Davis, Surrender Dorothy (2005)



I'm not a fan of wife cakes but I'm willing to make exception for this one by Heng Heung Cake Shop (恆香老餅家) from HK. It's the best wife cake that I ever tasted. My mum is also another fan. Unlike the common chinese pantries, the winter melon and almond paste of this confectionary is aromatic and yet surprisingly not sweet at all. The paste just melt in your mouth with every bite. Heaven....Yum Yum.

In fact, Heng Heung used to have road show at Great World City here in Singapore every 3 - 6 months but the prices sold here is almost doubled if I get them in HK. Unfortunately, they are not here this year. Even in HK, this cake shop only has a few branches, I only know there is one at Kowloon Mongkok, near SINO centre where I can fish out tons and tons of cheap cds whenever I go HK. It's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone haha

Thanks to Eddy, who never failed to bring some for me from HK whenever he is here for a visit. Really appreciate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home