Friday, August 31, 2007

No Music No Life 08/2007

itunes: Madonna, Confessions On A Dance Floor (2005)

Just come back from a dinner gathering with a couple of my ex-colleagues (2 interesting bachelors and a young lady), we used to be lunch kaki, now become a monthly dinner kaki haha. Like I always believe, there is absolutely unnecessary to suggest to anyone who is moving on to the next job to stay in touch in the future. How many who said that really mean it? Especially those whom I am not even close to, still have the cheek to ask me to keep in touch with them. Haha perhaps in my younger days, I would recipocate with a politically correct reply, but now? F-off man, I rather save my breath for my own breathing instead, I just smile only. Smiling is good, makes me look more pleasant and agreeable. Whatever it is, so I only believe in those who really make it a point to call or message to check out how am I, these are ex-colleagues who turn friends for keep.

I think I'm getting out of point here. It's Friday night, TGIF! Good to have some dance number to groove abit while I update the blog. I really love this album, Madonna is undeniably the Queen of Pop. Forget about her weak lyrics, it's the revamped disco and club non-stop sequencing that makes it so appealing.

The list of CDs that I have bought this month:


Corrinne May, Beautiful Seed (2007)
4th release from this female Singaporean LA-based singer songwriter. I love her enchanting voice and straight-to-your-heart contemporary notes. After all, I still love her debut and I can still remember clearly how her voice send ripples of goose pimples from the headphone on my ears to my toes at the listening station in Gramophone CD shop. Sounds like I found my religion eh? haha


玉置浩二, 惑星【初回生産限定盤】(2007)
Latest release from this veteran Japanese rocker. Really lost count how many albums he has released since he go solo in 1989 after his band 安全地帯 (Anzenchitai) disbanded, I never failed to own a piece of his discography. This album is not as appealing as his previous one in 2006. I bought this from the net, limited edition Japanese pressed that comes with DVD, cost me US$36.00 inclusive of postage.


Chara, The Best Baby Baby Baby XXX (1995)
Because I love her Caramel Milk The Best Of (2000) that I have gotten last month, so I went search her earlier best of compilation on ebay. And this is what I'm got, US$10 inclusive of postage. Good quality used cd and great music!


881, Original Motion Soundtrack (2007)
This is the highlight of the month. Finally I started to believe the powerful influence of a strong soundtrack has on a movie boxoffice. The movie has grossed more than $2 million at this moment, thanks to the soundtrack who not only touched the heart of the heartlanders but also gaining recognition from sophiscated music fan like me (pardon my arrogance, I'm music nazi remember? hee). Although I still feel embarrassed to blast it out loud at home, I still want to own a piece of this great work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home