Saturday, June 09, 2007

Childhood Deprival

itunes: Rufus Wainwright, Release The Stars







Look at the toy cars that the kids rode. See how they enjoy themselves. This is my childhood regret and deprival. My parents have never once let me ride on it before, despite of my repetitive requests. I can still remember vividly that the reasons they use. These rides are expensive and not worthwhile, a couple of dollars for a few minutes of ride. As a young boy, the joy of riding an auto mobile toy car is surely alluring, particularly in those days, remote controlled cars are a hell of expensive. These toy cars have huge battery embedded within, come with a accelerator pedal and a steering wheel. You can imagine how fun it can be :OP But nowadays I noticed that the accelerator pedal no longer exists, it's the parents who use the wireless remote controller to manoeuver the car. What a shame!

Have you ever own a die-cast toy cars from Matchbox? Definitely durable and hardy, there is no way for me to ask for another new one, unless it's my dad's year end bonus day or I deliberately rolled and pushed it under some dark narrow corners that my mum has difficulties retrieving. Hehe

Whatever it is, Matchbox toy car is not really my cup of tea, in fact I'm more fascinated with heavy-duty industrial machines like bulldozers, excavators, cranes and tractors. Even now, I never fail to stop and admire whenever I see them. Later years, my dad has once given me a remote controlled bulldozer (not wireless in those days), thrilled of moving it forward and backward, lifting the blade and ripper, especially running it on a patch of sand land. FUN FUN FUN. Unfortunately, the remote control failed after playing awhile and yet I'm still happy to play with it manually. Haha

Sigh, those were the days....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home