Saturday, May 05, 2007

MINI Cooper

itunes: Kahimi Karie, Kahimi Karie (1998)





Saw this pop-up advertisement on the wall of OUB Centre at Raffles Place after my gym session this morning. Impressive and innovative.

The Mini Cooper has been one of my favourite car on the road. Like a cheery English bulldog, it has a sleek, cute design and yet continues to pay homage to the Mini heritage. Yeah, I'm a sucker for sleek design person and as long as the whole car looks good moving down the street, I really care less much about the acceleration rate or the horsepower. Put it this way, what is the point of having a super fast and powerful car when there is a traffic light every 50m in the city? Hehehe

Hmmm talking about Mini reminds me of an incident at the Mini showroom last year. I was there with 2 friends to check out the prices of the entry-level model Mini One. That female sales executive gave us a nonchalant look and responded coldly that even though the COE prices plunged, the Mini prices will not because they are selling a lifestyle. Even if this is true, this bloody woman attitude really sucks to the core. She does not deserve to be in the service industry at all. If I'm seriously getting one on the spot, I will make sure she will not get a single cent of commission from the sale. Damn. Well, since I cant afford one, I just suffer the insult in silence....sob sob hehe. Come to think of it, if BMW and Benz's prices fluctuate in accordance to COE and they are selling a lifestyle as well, does Mini really justify its cost here?

Indeed, owning a car has been my dream, but to own a Mini or BMW is my aspiration. Anyway, what's there to dream and aspire when neither I have a driving licence nor can afford one? Not to mention, side effects like my carbon footprints and pollution a car may bring. Blah, blah, blah.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home