Saturday, May 19, 2007

101th blog: The Persistence of Memory

itunes: Bjork, Volta (2007)

Didnt realised that I have posted my 100th blog nearly 2 weeks ago. It has been a year since I started out last April. I'm quite pleased with myself that I can actually lasted so long. I wrote my first diary when I was 21 and being at this significant age, I told myself that I must document my everyday thoughts and affairs just for that year. Shamefully speaking, the plan did not last long, I stopped after couple of weeks. I was young man then, obviously did not have as much patience and determination as I can now, a mature man.

I'm a person who seldom look back, it just give me creeps. Particularly when old friends start bringing old memories out, these good old things just give me goose pimples. I dunno why I'm like that. Perhaps it reminds me of how old I am and see how time flies and given such a time speed, there are still many things unaccomplished and unfulfilled. Life is short, is not it? So it's best to keep eyes looking forward, but not forgetting experiences and lessons learnt from the past.

This oil painting, La persistencia de la memoria (1931) or The Persistence of Memory by artist Salvador Dalí well reflects my thoughts on old time memories. As time melts and flows by, it impresses anxiety and in a certain way, terror. Yeah, the anxiety of uncertainties lying ahead of my life and terror, I'm afraid of getting old, without realising it.

This question has always in my mind, how does it like to be on one's death bed, holding the last breath of air on earth? What will I see? What will I think? How would I feel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home