Sunday, April 22, 2007

First Time Baker

itunes: 平井堅, 歌バカ (2005)

Out of curiousity, I followed Ces to a bakery lesson 2 weeks ago to learn to bake a cake and a loaf of bread for the first time in my life. Just pay $36 to attend the class, at the end of it, one can bring home the product. See this website: http://www.phoonhuat.com/ It's a nice experience but the smell of dairy products used (like UHT milk and Millac Cream) really turn me off. Despite of that, I preferred to bake bread as less dairy product is used or maybe I should learn Chinese pastry or dim sum instead hehe yum yum....


The entrance to the baking class





The classroom



The columns of baking ovens



The recipe for the Swiss Carrot Walnut Hazelnut Cake



The recipe for the Walnut And Almond Sweet Roll Bread





Mixing the ingredients



The bread dough, yeast at work



Baking in progress



My finished product, not that bad eh? haha the cake and bread smells exceptionally great the moment they are out of the oven......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home