Monday, April 02, 2007

Dust to Dust, Ashes to Ashes

itunes: Jennifer Lopez, Como Ama Una Mujer (2007)

Finally, I have given my bosses my final decision this morning. Indeed, I'm leaving the company. My MD looks okay and he only commented that there will no one else to take over my position as the assistants are too junior. I just smiled and kept quiet. What do you expect me to say? Do you think I really care? Even if I do care, what more can I do? My FD, on the other hand, reacted differently. He begun to say what he said last Monday (it's in D-Day Aftermath blog). Ya, he felt I got them into deep shit and he even commented sarcastically that I may not even care about these since I'm leaving. What a big bitter lemon!!! So I guess he never really meant what he said during the persuasion session last Friday. Now he wants to come back next week and check my work, sigh! Think of how much trust he has for me and how pleased he is for my work he said last week, this is really a 180 degree change of behaviour.

Seriously I dun blame them. This is a real business world, in reality we all fight for our interests. As much as they want to protect their interests, I have mine to pursue as well. Since I'm calling it quits, I just play along with what's in the contract, be professional and no other feelings attached. Similarly, if they dun need my service, they would simply retrench me that's all. Under such circumstance, who would feel bitter and sour? So, it's just a vice versa arms length transaction that's all. A good friend of mine, Philip has always said this: one must leave the company as a winner, not a loser. I agree with him wholeheartedly. I may emerge as a winner now but I still hope for my bosses' blessing of my resignation.

Whatever it is, at last for now the aftermath is over and tsunami subsides, it's just dust to dust, ashes to ashes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home