Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ces' Farewell

itunes: Duncan Sheik, Phantom Moon (2001)

My colleague Ces' last day was on Friday. Exactly a week before mine.
Despite of that, I still felt a bit restless and down. I cant help but to think by tomorrow when I step into the office, she will no longer at her seat but her replacement instead. Kinda mixed and lost feeling. If should I have such a feeling, the rest of our lunch group must have been feeling even worse. Yeah, there goes one bubbly mate and by end of next week, the cheerful one (that's me hehe) will be gone as well. Sigh.....I really feel sorry for the rest of the guys.

Yeah, Ces started to tear and cry in the final hour and yet I still have the heart to laugh at her. Not that I'm heartless, I have been thru it when I left my first job. I dun blame her since this is her first job too. After years of working life, I tend to get a bit supersitious about doing farewell for leaving colleagues. Usually, we will end up losing contact after a while. Therfore, doing farewell are for those whom I know I will delete their contacts the day after they are gone for good.

How frustrating, my office buddies Randy & KC kept asking me repeatedly every now and then if I will miss them and if I will still keep in contact with them after I leave. I refuse to answer that question and I see no reason to commit that as well. Seriously I really hate those pretentious colleagues whom I dun really know too well or whom I dun really want to know too well, came and say goodbye on my last day and keep insisting you to promise them to stay in contact. Yeah do I really know you well? Yeah are you worthy enough to let me take extra effort to remember you? Randy & KC, pardon me for saying that: I dun answer stupid questions. You guys already know the answer, right?

Whatever it is, a matter of fact is if we are going to be friends thereafter, I do not see the point to say or organise anything special at all. There will be chances to meet up later on anyway....

This coming week it's my turn to hand over. I will be as busy as a teacher bee hehe. Hope the girls will not cry on my last day. Well well, it's good thing one able to move on. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge and new career ahead.

Ces, if you are reading this, I wish you all the very best in your new job tomorrow and I see you sometime this week for Mark & Sharon's birthday dinner. I certainly hope they will be able to follow suit real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home