Sunday, March 18, 2007

New Job.....New Hope

itunes: The Carpenters, Love Songs (1998)

It has been nearly 1 month since I last blogged. Nothing happens in particular, just work, clear shit, sending out job applications and go for job interviews. Yes! The day has come, I received a job offer on Thursday night 8.07pm (must not forget this joyous moment!). Indeed what a pleasant surprise! I have been waiting a week for them to schedule me for a second interview with the Director of Finance by Tuesday if I'm selected. However, when I did not hear from them by Thursday, I presume this job is gone. Never I expected them to call and offer me the position without having to go for the second interview!! And they even agreed to pay what I asked for ie $500 more than what I'm getting now!! Now I can beat the GST increment and inflation....Gee....leaping lizard...:O)

Anyway I have not accepted the job yet as I have a few more queries on the job itself. The HR manager has yet to respond to me. Nevertheless, I'm quite set in accepting it for the following reasons (unless something difficult happens):
1) An opportunity to learn and understand SAP. This will definitely add value to my career.
2) No more accounting job scope. I should have moved on doing higher level work. This job mainly due with reporting and business analysis, which is good!
3) This company is a hugh conglomerate. It has been my dream to join a huge company, where it can provide possible career advancement opportunities within the organisation.

Hmm....new year, new job and new hope.
I certainly hope this will be the one that I can stay for the next 3 - 5 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home