Monday, March 26, 2007

D-Day Aftermath

itunes: 玉置浩二, Present (2006)

My FD called me first thing in the morning and asked me why I wanted to resign. I repeated the same reason that I told my boss and he refused to accept it at all. He started to probe further if I have any other hidden reasons. As much as he tried to dig further, I maintained that I resign because I felt that I'm not suitable for the shipping industry. I told him this is a good time to go since most of the shit is cleared and the audit is over. He claimed that how can it be a good time when there are still a lot of outstandings for me to clear. He kept emphasising that I will get them into big trouble but he never mentioned what was that. Wait wait, think about it, when they planned and transferred someone from France to station here, learn the ropes from the local commerical manager and then retrenched the local guy, how come they never consider is a big trouble for the commerical manager? I was thinking, when I tendered my resignation, that's your problem not mine anymore. Anyway, I cant think of any big outstanding items when most of the big things are cleared. So, what is he trying to say then?

Knowing that he cant convince me to withdraw my resignation, he moved on and told me how can I just resign and go when the company have spent time and money on me, like (I will always remember what he has listed) they paid me salary much higher than the industry, the recruitment fee incurred to get me in, the airtickets and accomodation paid when he was in town.....I just cant believe my ears and this really pissed me off. That's sound threatening to me, with that, I simply told him: "Let's be fair, I did put in my effort in my work as well." That shut him up totally. I dun wan to comment on the salary part as this is subjective but sure mine is not above the industry. Secondly, they let my predecessor messed up the accounts all these years and under the pressure from the new parent office, they have no choice but to create a new position that I'm in to do clearing up, so the recruitment fee is part of this exercise. Even they dun employed me, they will get someone else too. Finally, it is his responsibilities to oversee my work so it is inevitable to pay visits to Singapore office every now and then. So all these costs incurred because of me??? Pure ridiculous!! I just cant believe my own ears that he said such things. That's really petty. So that's implied that my efforts and contributions meant nothing at all, what is the point of clearing the mess for 10 months and now with such comments from him, all has gone down the drain.

He even warned me that even though I tendered my resignation, that does not mean I can stop doing what I'm suppose to accomplish. He said he will use the conditions in my employment contract if I defied to do anything from now on. Haha what a joke....what can he do to me? fire me or not paying my salary? Come on, let's face it, you cant stop me from leaving. Guess what his final words are? He reminded me to send him things that are due today. Sigh, I guess all they concern is just the outstanding things and nothing else. Sad is not it?

The moment I hang up my phone, the phone is my boss rang and within a moment, my boss came over and invite me to go to his room. Closing the door behind me, my boss adopted a different strategy, a 180 degree change in his attitude last Friday. He thinks that I sounded emotional when I tendered last Friday and now he wanted me to reconsider. He even suggested convincingly, since I'm already here for a while and since most of the things are cleared (hmm I tot there are still some more?), why not stay back until end of this year, clean up and do a complete closure for him. I can hand over the accounts to the new merged company and at the same time, trained one of the staff to take over my work since he has no intention to employ anyone if I really leave. So, by end of this year, he will not stop me from leaving if I still think I'm not suitable to this industry. I stared at him, said nothing and he went to admit that of cos this is much to his interests. In my heart, I said to myself, FUCK YOU, you only care for yourself. So the real picture is out, as much as I guess so, my position is not secured at all. Since he is not going to employ anyone if I leave, so even if I'm staying on or did not resign in the first place, I will be gone by year end when I helped him through this transition period. Why should I? You bloody liar! You painted such a beautiful picture to everyone on the merger and now all full of contradictions!!!

Well well, he can stage his own show and I will just played along. Out of respect, I agreed to think it over for another a few days. The answer will still be NO NO NO....over my dead body. Now I have seen the true faces of you bloody selfish French. I see thru you assholes, you started threatening me first, when this cant work, you take the soft approach. Both of you only concern in covering your own ass and merely need someone to clean up the mess you have ignored all this while. Well, you concerned of your future with this bloody company, and I have the right to concern of my future out of this bloody company!!! I'm so fed up with the mess and I'm now calling it QUIT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home