Wednesday, March 28, 2007

D-Day Aftermath - Tsunami Wave

itunes: 張懸, My Life Will... (2006)

My boss asked me how my decision was this morning. I told him frankly that I have decided to move on. He smiled and went on, blah blah blah, the same old stories he said on Monday and last Friday (see my 2 previous blogs). But this time, he mentioned 1 thing that was not said before: he needs time to look for replacement. This is as opposed to what he has been telling me that he is not getting any at all. I maintained my stand and said that this is an opportunity that I would not want to give it a miss. This new job will give me a regional exposure. I'm surprised that he can remember what he promised me during the interview a year ago. Well, now he still have the cheek and shamelessly make this same empty promise to me once again. Yeah, the exciting future and expansion plans for my role in the soon-to-merge new company and he can request my FD to involve me in regional responsibilities. You bloody liar!! So now I know that your earlier promise of regional role is a lie????!!! Can I presume that you have not made that request to my FD since the first day I joined? Before I forget, my FD was in the same interview session as us, does this make him a liar accomplice too????!!!

Oh gosh, he went on again, blah blah blah, the same old problems and stand he faced (see my 2 previous blogs too). But hey, he is back to the old reason again, now he reckoned he is not getting any replacement at all. BIG CONTRADICTION here. Deep in my heart I was wondering, by next month when I'm gone, you will still have to get someone to take over my job, if not how is the company going to operate without a finance guy????!!! I just kept quiet as he went on and on and on....eventually he stopped, smiled and suggested to me that I should take some more time to reconsider my decision. I looked into his eyes and said firmly a flat NO. He stirred a bit and his face changed but he maintained his cool and simply said coldly perhaps we should wait for my FD when he arrived tomorrow.

Sigh! Will it make a difference anymore? My decision is final. No point discussing anymore. As much as I want to wrap up and hand over my work amicably, I have a feeling that they are not going to let me go so easily. Perhaps they may start to threaten again or played some little political games, well I dunno....Nevertheless, I'm prepared for worst and by the end of my notice service, I shall be out of this bloody company and see no more of their nonsense.

By the way, before the end of the day, I heard a rumour indirectly from the biggest loudspeaker in the office. My boss is going to take legal action against me. HAHA what a joke! On what grounds can he sue me when I'm acting as per contract??!!! Yeah I shall cross my arm, wait and see....

Guess tomorrow there will be a even stronger 2nd tsunami wave coming......Buddha, Allah, Siva, Jesus, please save us......sighhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home