Thursday, February 01, 2007

Geylang Sifu Master

itunes: 小泉今日子, KYO→2~Anniversary Song~ (2001)



Guess where I went last night? Yup, I went to a sifu (master in tibetan robe, but he is no tibetan monk) 'spiritual' consultation at Geylang Lor 34. I dun believe it myself either cos I'm a scientific person and never believe in such thing. However, when you have talked to almost everyone you know and all resources have been exhausted and I still cant figure out a good solution, probably the last resort is to ask 'god' (in taoist's terms). Haha.

It's a long 2 hour wait with my colleague to see him. It's funny right? Going see sifu with my colleague. We went there with the same intention: to seek advice on how our careers are and to find answer to the burning question, should we quit and leave this fuckup company? Just $10 consultancy fee and $3 for the joss sticks offerings to all the god and goddess statues in the house. You will be amazed to see basically all the gods you know in town (even Indian and Tibetan ones as well), of cos with the exceptions of Jesus and Allah. Haha

It's nearly 11pm when it's our turn to come. The sifu looks like an ah beng (gangster) with buddhism scriptures tattoo on almost the whole body except his face and head. Like those roadside fortune teller, he uses poker cards as the tool of his destiny reading and a lighted cigarette at tip of his mouth, not forgetting a cup of unfinished coffee by his side. He speaks and chants exchangeably and intermittently. I really have a second thought of going ahead after seeing him.

Though skeptical, I'm amazed by what he said about my colleague. Imagine a stranger whom you just met for a few minutes, without asking you a single question about yourself, yet able to describe briefly the current situation you are in (in our case, it's about our job and the situation in our workplace). He admits he is unable to tell what lies ahead but he is able to share each individual's recent past and current events. Perhaps he is already to see what we cant see like a crystal ball. Sounds spooky right? I was thinking perhaps it's just a trick used by many roadside fortune tellers whom like to use generalisation kind of statements to convince their clients. However, in the end, both of us really convinced in the sense he is able to pinpoint the unique situation each of us faced even though we are in the same work environment and we did not even tell him what kind of relation we are.

This is what he said about me:
1) My career has been suffering a lot of blockages and 'small people' (backstabbing) since the year of Monkey (that's 3 years ago) which results in situation whereby I work hard to get the job done but the credit goes to someone else while I get all the scoldings. Quite true for my previous job and this current one (which falls within these 3 years). For the fact I'm hardworking and smart, my career should be good.

2) I asked if I should leave this current job. He said I should only do it in the year of pig (which means in 2007 when the new lunar year starts, haha which is only 2 weeks from now). I also asked him even if I change to a new job, does it really make a difference? Will I face the same blockage and 'small people'? He said this new job will be much better than this current one and I should be able to go further from here.

Well, what he said is what I already decided to do anyway. Perhaps, his words act as a more powerful psychological effect which convinced me that the decision that I make up in mind is right and I should leave this shitty place as soon as I can (haha of cos must wait after Chinese New Year, anyway I would not leave now cos we are eagerly waiting for our variable bonus and increment within these 2 weeks before the holidays). When we step out of the sifu's house, I felt a sense of relief as if one burden has been lifted off my shoulder. It's really feel good when one finally decides on something and moving ahead with that decision. :O)

Nevertheless, he asked both of us to go back tomorrow (15th of the lunar month) to let him do some prayers (to get rid of my blockages and 'small people'). Even now, I'm still quite skeptical about the whole incident but still I would choose to go back, who knows, he may actually able to improve my working life 'spiritually' in the coming year?

I really do hope 2007 is a better year for my working life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home