Sunday, February 11, 2007

Furious Disappointment & Delight

itunes: Babel, Original Soundtrack (2006)

1 month variable bonus and no increment.
This is what I get for the effort made in 2006. Across the board, the rest received a 2 months variable bonus and a 6% increment. Reason? My boss reckoned that my stay with the company for merely 8 months, hence bonus will be partial. He did not comment anything on the increment part.

This is really infuriating.
I may accept of not having increment but I just dun understand why if I received a pro-rated (of 8 months) for the 13th month AWS bonus in Dec06, but not for the variable bonus? Based on my effort in clearing up the mess and tidying up the finance department, I should deserve the prorata instead of a mere 1 month.

How frustrating!
What is the point of putting extra effort when whether one work or not, in the end, it's the same reward for all???!!! I really pity the sales guys, they slog outside the office in order to meet the ever-increasing sales target and they even achieve exceeding it last year. You know what I mean? There isn't any motivation at all!!!

I also asked my boss about issues on the merging of office with our new parent company. He said he DOES NOT KNOW the structure of the Finance department yet. The instinctive logic I know is there cant be 2 Finance Manager after the merger. Who is going to survive in this ordeal? Tsk tsk.....it's a really big uncertainty.

Sigh, the Geylang Sifu Master (see my earlier blog) is right. My career at this moment is such that no matter how much hard work I put in, I will never get an equivalent reward in return, yeah perhaps some scoldings and criticisms that I will receive in return.

Ya, I've started looking out for new job actively now. The Sifu assured me that I will do better in the next job this year. Though skeptical, logically speaking, what lies ahead, despite unknown to me, still looks appealing and hopeful right? It's hope that keep one moving on. So, meanwhile, I shall minimise my effort in this damn job, just ride along the wave, be a leech but not yet a parasite, learn to camouflage more by pretending to be busy, just like some of my undesirable colleagues.

Ok ok enough enough of whining....Chinese New Year is just 1 week away...yeah....even though the feeling of celebration is mixed but still I must make myself happy so that I will be 'successful and prosperous' in the year of pig. Hehe

**********************************************************************************

Mr Siu, I know you had a promotion, a fat bonus and substantial increment and I'm really happy for you. I feel honoured that you want to share your happiness with me, but unfortunately on the same day, I received such a terrible bonus letter. It's indeed an ironical joke! One end, you are feeling so angry and fed up with what you got and yet at the other end, over MSN, your friend keep messaging you how happy he was.....it's really hard on me, seriously. Nevertheless, Mr Siu, congratulations to you....I'm really happy for you, well at least your effort is fully appreciated and rewarded. :O)

Hmmm, the soundtrack to Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu's film Babel that I'm listening now is damn good. Gustavo Santaolalla did a tremendous job, his haunting and deeply moving score really make this OST a delight....and so does the movie....highly recommended here....check em out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home