Monday, January 01, 2007

It's 2007...

itunes: Jill Scott, Beautifully Human (2004)

It's 2007.
This year there are things gonna change and there are things gonna start all over again. Gonna lose more fats & build more muscles, gonna to be more vegan & eat less meat, gonna detox more, gonna take up a water sports, gonna take up yoga, gonna learn driving, gonna pick up Japanese lessons again, gonna save more money & spend less money on CDs, gonna to check out chinese classical music, gonna file my mails away everyday, gonna fire my boss, gonna go holiday at 1 exotic place, gonna spend more time to understand buddhism, gonna take care my love ones even better than before, gonna control my temper better, gonna catch up with friends that I have not met for years, gonna donate more money to the charity, gonna be a environmental activist....

Oh resolutions, they just come and go, like year after year. Will I do any of these things? The answers probably not all of them but at least, they give hopes to a better coming year. Particularly, a mid-thirties single man like me, I would not say that I'm successful but at least I dare to consider myself established. A relatively good income that promises a comfortable life for myself and enough to take good care of my love ones. However, that's only the material aspects of it. But why do I always feel lost in life and often found myself standing at crossroads? What do I want out of my monotonous life? Take up a MBA? So what's next after completing it? Better job and pay? So? That's it? Or change my sucky job? Will the next job be better than this? The feeling is just like buy lottery tickets, one that never strikes and yet gives hopes to the next draw. I will be back at the starting point, feeling lost again in the vicious cycle. Should I get out of my profession and do something that I really enjoy? Yeah, I may be happier but what can I do besides finance and accounts? This question has been burning for years and yet I'm as lost as ever. Mid-Life Crisis, that's what everybody said. Yeah I do not need resolutions, I just need a steer of direction in life, a critical change of mindset towards my life. Will Buddhism able to help? Or indulge myself in community service help too? Yeah, this statement is so obscure that I can say it easily without able to feel it.

So, in the end what's in for 2007, 2008, 2009.....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home