Monday, December 25, 2006

And so I'm offering this simple phrase, To kids from one to ninety-two, Although its been said many times, many ways, A very Merry Christmas to you...

itunes: Vince Guaraldi, A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

The weather is cool, have been raining for days and right now, the thermometer in my room shows 26 degrees Celsius. Good temperature for the Christmas mood, my itunes playing a 60’s classic Christmas album, cool and yet heartwarming. It would be best to have snow too……

This Christmas Eve I had an early night after a long tiring day. I dozed off before I can welcome Santa and his reindeers. No presents for me, guess I have not been a good boy this year. HAHA

I had an enjoyable morning at the Wild Wild Wet ( http://www.wildwildwet.com ) despite of occasional light rain and no sun :O( The water rides are fun but the Slide Up really scared the hell out of me. Imagine plunging down a steep U-Shaped four-storey ramp, which is a nearly 90 degree vertical, accelerating until you hit the deck and skim across to soar up the opposite side. It’s like riding on a pirate ship but more exciting because it’s just 2 persons settling on 1 inflatable raft and the only security you have is to hold on to the raft tightly. I dread the first free falling feel but subsequently, it’s just fun swinging. It’s a slide ride, from one side of the U to the other until the momentum runs out. I will definitely return sometime next year. Yeah!

On Christmas Day I went to an old friend YL potluck’s Christmas gathering. Nice spread of food, desserts and good wines. It’s relaxing and layback to sample the good food with nice Merlot red wine (No no I hate Shiraz) and chit-chatting with classic Christmas music playing at the background. The most delighted thing is TV has been banned, even though some anti-social ones managed to turn on the TV briefly. At the end, the desserts (I must say the apple crumble is awesome, say big bravo to Louise’s friend!! It will be nicer if cinnamon is added, yum yum) and the dessert wine (it was said that the dessert wine suppose to bring out the sweetness of the dessert, but I just cant get it hehe. Nevertheless must thank Carol for bringing the good dessert wine that she brought back from South Africa)

Take a look at the 2 types of salad that I have prepared.



This one I have cut red cabbages, carrot & Japanese cucumber strips, cherry tomatoes, baby corn and the base is butter lettuces.



This one I have big cuts of Romaine Lettuces, Oak Leaf Lettuces, Red & Green Coral Lettuces, Radicchio, Lollo Rosso, Spider Mustard, some dry apricot and sprinkle a handful of raisins and nuts. Thanks to Louise who added some nice smoked Salmon slices and the generous olive oil for dressing. Great!!

Some other generous contributions:


Sushi platter


Otah (squid)


Curry Chicken


Turkey & stuffing & honey baked ham


Christmas Log cake
Take a closeup look at the cake decor. A nice house with fun snowman and a singing Santa.



Ohh, how I love Christmas! With festive goodies, great classic Christmas music, Christmas gifts and most important, cheerful friends around. It brightened up the season spirits. How I wish after dinner, we can just walk out into the snow, listen to the carols build a nice snowman and a snowball fight!!

Let’s sing The Christmas Waltz:
Frosted window panes
Candles gleaming inside
Painted candy canes on the tree

Santa's on his way
He's filled his sleigh with things
Things for you and for me

It's that time of year
When the world fall in love
Ev'ry song you hear seems to say
"Merry Christmas, May Your New Year Dreams Come True"

And this song of mine
In three-quarter time
Wishes you and yours
The same thing too

Joyeux Noel to all and good night!

Now I’m looking forward to the New Year’s eve tea and dinner party at Norman’s house. Hey I will get the Organic Oat Cranberry Cookies from Marks & Spencer……Happy 2007!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home