Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mille Fois Merci, Monsieur Dutang...

itunes: 小田和正, 自己ベスト (2002)

Hi Hi I'm back after nearly 2 weeks! I have been busy with my work as usual but most importantly, getting ready for my Financial Director's visit this week. He left yesterday after 3 days of reviewing the accounts with me. I'm glad that he was pleased with most of the messy accounts have been cleared. I guess that's served as a small motivation for me, at least someone appreciates my hard labour in digging and clearing the massive mountain of old shit. Hehe, nevertheless I still have a long outstanding list of task to perform before the year end and hopefully by the time the auditors are here for year end audit in Jan 07, things can be spick and span.

Talking about my Financial Director, this time he looked more like Harry Potter than the Orlando Bloom star quality when he was last here in May (see my May blog). No wonder the girls in my office did not behave as fan-crazed as before. Haha

However, what pleased me most is that eventually I have found a chimney to funnel all my anger and frustration on that incorrigible fanatic useless IT manager (IFU, for more details, please refer to my earlier blogs on him). My FD, upon arrival on Wednesday afternoon, went to speak to him on some issues and he returned to my room, he asked what has this guy been doing? I just smiled and keep quiet as I do not think it’s appropriate to say anything in detail about this guy. However, that evening, my FD brought this matter up again. He told me that he has assigned IFU to work on a special assignment on the system during his last visit and till today, he has not done a single thing and during the conversation this morning, IFU starts giving excuses of why tasks are not completed. I laughed out heartedly and poured out everything of what I know about IFU and on how much he stalled everybody’s work when he did nothing but his own personal agenda in the office. Of course, to create a greater effect, my eyes to shimmer innocence and helplessness and I tried not to make my tone too sour and make it sounds more like a professional complaint. Yeah, I even suggest to him to take a peek on his monitor whenever he walk past IFU workstation. Well, I'm not afraid to say that I'm a professional bitch at work, hehe. Well well well, there are jobs to be done and things to be said and all have to be done and reflected up, right? I'm merely doing a good job in 'highlighting' critical issues of the company (or you laymen may say it's backstabbing but I dun really fuck care as long as voices are clearly communicated out). My conscience is clear as long as I did not make up any ungrounded stories. Towards IFU, my patience is really up, that’s all.

Oh it's a great relieve!! Finally, I can let out some steam. Apparently my FD was upset after hearing what I have said. He assured me that he will speak to my French GM and best of all, he will not mention my name at all because he can actually see and feel of what’s happening to IFU, hee. Anyway I know my GM will not do anything to IFU and you can say I’m evil and despicable but at least at this moment, for the fact I can voice out the undesired and unfair practices in my office to a higher authority (I understand the chain of reporting but definitely NO NO to my GM cos he is not going to do anything to him anyway, so why should I waste my breath and make myself look bad?), I feel justified!!

Mille Fois Merci, Monsieur Dutang!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home