Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Child, Mokete

itunes: Beth Gibbons, Out Of Season (2002)

It has been 2 weeks since I last blogged. I really couldnt be bothered to write anything here at all. Life goes on as usual....the same frustration and upset in which I do not want to talk about it anymore, but hey is not here my avenue of expressing my emotions? Well, not today definitely. I have a mail from Lesotho, a small country within South Africa today. Yes, within a bigger country, just like Vatican City. It's the annual progress report for FY05 of my child, Mokete. Yes, it's my sponsored child under the World Vision programme (http://www.worldvision.org.sg/), just a mere S$45 per month and I have been contributing since 2001. What makes this programme special is the contribution does not really go to the child's family but to his community instead. It will be used to help the community to improve their living conditions, most importantly, providing them education in terms of agriculture, heath and development of income generating activities. A child will be selected to be your sponsored child-in-name. Despite that, it's really heartwarming to learn with this sum of money, I can improve someone's life on the other side of the globe!! I mean all I have to do is to spend S$45 less on myself and look at how healthy Mokete has grown and how the life in his community has improved these years, do you think this is something meaningful and wonderful???!!!
Mokote in 2001, the profile I received after I signed up with the programme.
Motoke in 2006, a healthy youngster.
His report card for 2005. I'm impressed with his results! An improvement from previous year when most of his subjects results are below average. Well done, Mokete!! Strive for better results, I'm sure you'll make your own destiny burning bright!! Make me feel proud of you! :O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home