Monday, June 19, 2006

Blue Blue Monday

itunes: Jamie Cullum, Twentysomething (2003)

Today is a Monday.
There was a thunder storm in the morning rush hour. Thereafter, it’s cloudy for the rest of the day. I should be delighted enough to enjoy such a cool, breezy day. On the contrary, I was feeling extremely blue, more than the normal Monday blue and not in any mood for anything at all. In fact, I could not find a word that best describes it. A female colleague of mine suggested “listless” and I thought a combination of “listless” and “restless” would be the best.

My throat hurts terribly.
Thanks to the curry chicken bone that got stuck in my throat last Saturday dinner. The culprit piece may have been digested by my strong stomach acid by now. But the damage it caused to my delicate throat wall still lingers, probably badly infected by now. I took lots of fluid and lozenges throughout the day to soothe the pain, but looks like not much of an effect.

My knees hurt terribly too.
I guess I played too hard at the tennis yesterday morning. I was so high in the game that I have totally forgotten about my recovering knees. I really hate myself, how can I be so complacent? Damn it! Now I’m back to square one after spending some much efforts on strengthen my knees in the gym. Gosh! They wobble and painful that I simply can’t walk properly at all. Whenever I see flight of stairs, my heart sank, walking up is really a torture.

My heart sore as well.
How can it be there is always a drought period after I turn down a job offer? No calls for any job interviews at all. Am I really that useless? Should I just resign from this current job and sit at home instead? Will I be happier this way? Guess what have I been doing the whole of today? Billings to customers and data entries!! This is not a managerial duty. This is not the job scope that I was promised during the interview. Fuck! Ya ya ya I shall be professional since I'm paid to do the job and I should do them well. I know I know but things are just not right. Well, for money sake, I have to cling on to this boat before the next ship comes along......sad is not it? Life is short, why should I suffer for the sake of money and the worldly enjoyment? Sitting at home may have its advantages but the feeling it's like being ordain into monkhood. Retreat myself from the bustling world, practice calm and patience in job search, refrain from indulging in all pleasures. How can I give up buying CDs? How can I give up my sushi dinner? Life is such a big dilemma and a big frustration!

Whatever it is, I’m finally sitting back in my comfort zone now.
The warmth of Jamie Cullum’s music.
The warmth of mum’s cooking.
The warmth of Deep Heat applied on my knees.
The warmth of my favourite hot Japanese green tea.

Got to sleep soon. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Good night, and good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home