Sunday, May 21, 2006

Really Simple Thoughts

itunes: Kelly Rowland, Simply Deep (2002)

Franking speaking, I really do not have the mood to blog anything this week. I know once I start to write something here, it will be tons of whining and sour notes, which I think I should avoid being so negative about my current life. Maybe I just list out the pleasant things that I encountered the whole of this week:

My dotted line French boss from Hong Kong was in town for 4 days, sitting in front of me, teaching and guiding of how my work suppose to be and not forgetting to mention Paris HQ and his expectations on my performance. Well, all I can say is I will try my best to meet the deadline, even though I'm currently ACTIVELY looking for alternative to jump out of this shithole. The good thing is, he resembles Orlando Bloom and the girls in my office went crazy over him, and of cos envy me as he spend the entire 4 days sitting in front of me. So it doesl feel good to have a young energtic star look alike boss sitting in front of me than having a old Napoleon look alike boss right?

Yesterday morning, while at work (YES! this damn job is on alternate Sat), my boss PA and I sneaked out to buy ToTo (it's my hope for better life haha) and I stepped into the convenience store to buy sweets. While paying it, I told the cashier that I do not need a bag. Out of curiosity, the cashier asked me how this act helps in the green movement. I explained to her that plastic is an man-made organic compound which takes 100 - 200 hundred years to be fully broken down (or decay, in lay-men terms). Hence the more plastic we use, the higher the rubbish heap at the dumping ground and in order to get rid of our rubbish, we either burn it (which lets out harmful gases into the atmosphere) or bury them underground (which pollutes our underground water source) until they are fully decayed in one two centuries later. She is pleased that she learnt something good and I'm glad that I have helped in passing the awareness of importance of being environmental friendly. :O) We should strive to reduce our carbon footprint on this earth. Hmm dunno what is carbon footprint? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_footprint

Went to watch Over the Hedge yesterday evening. It's a fantastic cartoon movie, dun miss it. The movie shows us simply on how are the animal habitats and food source being affected by human urbanisation. Homo-sapiens has won the evolution war on earth and thus we are given the power to protect the other members in the animal kingdom and not acting like a parasite which destroy everything whenever it goes. Sounds a bit bittersweet here, but this movie definitely cheer me up a lot. Just hope it creates the awareness of people being eco-friendly.

Lastly. guess what I discovered at Marina Square? A new ice cream outlet!!!! Apparently, it's from Hokkaido, Japan. I bought a cup of Green Tea Red Bean flavour (S$3.50 only). Yum Yum, it was good! A ultra-strong and rich green tea taste that no other ice creams in town can match and it complements the sweet red bean bits found in the ice cream. What a heavenly match! I shall return haha!!!

That's all for this week. Tomorrow it will be a brand new day and it will be great week ahead, hopefully......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home