Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dilbert's pointed hairdo boss Part 3

We came back to Singapore office after the trip and the CEO wanted us to tell him what we had done in Vietnam because he felt that we may be doing things of non-value adding given that the forecast was late. I was not in the meeting and after he met up the CEO. He came and told me that the CEO was very disappointed with me because I was late in my reporting. I should had priortised my work and should not have spend time determining the correct budget versions. And he had the cheek to tell me that he did not know what i was doing in Vietnam. This was so wrong, I was newbie to the company and I knew nuts about anything. He was the one who instructed me to do everything in Vietnam and now the blame came to me? At that moment, I know that I had to quit. I did not even bother to argue with him.

I resigned the next morning and he kept asking me for the reasons. I just told him simply that I'm not suitable for the job. Then he asked me if it was because of what he said yesterday. I admitted that those words were affecting me badly. This was when he clarified that I got everything wrong. The CEO commented that because he was not aware of what's going on in Vietnam but he understood after ASH explained everything to him. Well too bad, i told him that he did not say this at all yesterday. And it was unfair to me that they judged me this way and I'm just 1 week into the job. He argued that he did not judge my work but rather that I'm late for the reportings. I refused to argue with him further and told him that my decision was final. This was when he told me that he can swear to god that he did defend me in front of the CEO. HAHAHA I dun care what God you swear to but it's just too late boy. You think I trust you now? Go and die.

During the exit meeting with the HR manager, she asked me to reconsider and gave him a chance. I told her that it was not up to me to give him chance cos I'm not his boss. I told her everything including those petty GST incidents and I commented that this person was trying very hard to impress his bosses. The HR manager laughed and agreed that I should be more understanding because he was new and only 1 month into the job. I asked her if he tried to impress his bosses, then who was I going to impress? It's not fair cos I'm only 1 week into the job and such things happened. I can foresee it will happen more next time. I need a superior who can stand by me, if I had done the right thing and not push the blame to me whenever things happened. How can he switched and agreed with the boss even when he knew of the actual happenings? I told her that I need a smarter boss who can guide and not some stupid assholes like this one. The HR then commented that if I leave now, it will reflect badly on me because it seems that no one else in Finance was having problems with him. I told her I expected that and that's why I'm willing to share these with her only. But after the meeting, I decided that I should leave some mines behind HAHHA....I started to blurt out the stories (including his stupidity) to whoever came and asked me why I was leaving. Hehehe not only the whole Finance team knew, the HR department as well. HHAHAAHA I ignored him completely until the end of the day (1 day notice as agreed by both parties). I have attached the MSN conversation with one of the accountants after I left. Apparently some directors from US head office came to Singapore and ASH is obliged to bring them out for dinner.

Dxxx says: last nite d dinner's atmosphere is very tense.
Dxxx says: Seldom talk.
Dxxx says: tis dinner hv a budget of $245. so boss order a set meal for 5-6pax @ $218
Dxxx says: sure not enough
music-nazi says: tense as in wat? how come such a strange budget?
Dxxx says: but he dun care. the 1st dish was scallop with bamboo shroom with grean peas. he keep talking in mandarin to ask us to take all the "ex ones" before the visitors.
Dxxx says: he makes us very kiasu.
Dxxx says: its the same 4 d subsequent dishes.
Dxxx says: in the end the bill shoot up to $300 something becos of all the svc chrgs & 2 jars of beer.
Dxxx says: after sending the visitors back to hotel, he told us -"the visitors keep drinking the beer and only eat the expensive ones like prawns, crabs & scallops, they r jus country pumpkins in the states"
Dxxx says: He says "I dun care whether they r full or nt, anyway budget nt enough to cover. They come here expecting us to buy them lunches & dinners."
Dxxx says: Initially boss wanted to bring 'em to Jumbo (a cheaper rest) As they drove along the east coast, the visitors saw Long Beach and ask boss to try it. So he obey.

Guess what? I overheard him talking to the Vietnam General Manager that he wrote an email to the States head office offering if he had the privileges to pick them up from the airport. They replied and said that they will be reaching Singapore at 12am. I heard from Dxxx that he did go the airport and picked them up. He told me that there were 3 classes of people, the upper class are the Westerners and we, Singaporean belonged to the middle class and people in Vietnam and China belong to the lowest class. This is so wrong! He really scooped so low. Shameless.

Anyway, to describe how he looked like. He was the kind of person that always put on a smiling sheepish face and many black light bulbs above his head. Absolutely agreeable to everyone because he want to be nice guy. However, he can be scheming enough to protect himself and had teeth sugary enough to get him out of any situation.
This is how he looks like: Suneo, a character from comic Doraemon.
But why comic Dilbert's pointed hairdo boss? Well, both of them share the same trait, inborn stupidity, no cure HAHAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home