Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Act of honesty

itunes: 雷光夏, 我是雷光夏 (1999)

Last Tuesday morning rush hour, I was in the queue at the DBS atm in Raffles Place MRT. The man in front of me, rushed off without taking the S$40 cash from the machine. At first I did not notice the cash was not taken, and started to wonder why the machine still screaming away after the last transaction ended. I turned around to search for the man, and hopefully he will be back to get them. Nevertheless, he did not appear even after I finished my transactions at the machine.

Well, I'm not meant to be a saint and it's really normal for human being to have dark thoughts at times haha. Moreover, I got a 'C' for professional ethics during my university and dun even talk about the moral education I received during my good old primary school days. I was at the junction, where I can simply take the escalator down to the train and go home straight or I can take the escalator up to the nearest DBS branch which is 5mins walk away. This is when I heard the first voice from my dark angel, he said, "Hey, S$40 is not a big sum of money, why dun we just keep it? That man has a price to pay for his blur actions and this is definitely a cheap lesson for him. Also don't forget that your knees hurts big time now after running on the treadmil at the gym eariler. It's not worthy to walk there at all." Hmmm true and fair enough. Then another voice appeared, needless to say, it's must be from the white angel. "Hey, we better gather more good karma since you are currently looking for a job, it helps." Wah, this is very true, I better take this option and the dark angel vanished. Hehe While I was at the bank, I saw my 4th uncle came rushing in. I related to him what had happened and he praised me for being honest. Wah, add points already and my body started to lift slightly above the ground. HAHA

Indeed, I went home happy and contented. With a thank you letter from DBS received 3 days later, it's definitely makes my days better at home (for a while only, of cos unless I win S$1.5million of lottery, that should keep me happy for a year or more maybe). But there is one burning question remains: Does this good karma helps me in securing a job? I have no job offer since then. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home